BENEFITS AND COVERAGES
When the Member Doctor receives prior approval for such cases, they
are fully covered by VSP, and are IN LIEU OF ELIGIBLE BENEFITS FOR THAT
When you choose contact lenses from a Member Doctor for reasons
other than those mentioned above, VSP will apply an allowance toward the
cost. Please refer to the enclosed insert for more information
regarding this benefit.
- Eye Examination: A complete initial vision analysis which
includes an appropriate examination of visual functions, including the
prescription of corrective eyewear where indicated.
- . Lenses: The Member Doctor will order the proper lenses
necessary for your visual welfare. The doctor shall verify the accuracy
of the finished lenses.
- . Frames: The Member Doctor will assist in the selection of
frames, properly fit and adjust the frames, and provide subsequent
adjustments to frames to maintain comfort and efficiency.
- . Contact lenses: Contact lenses together with necessary
professional services will be provided, with prior authorization only
under one of the following circumstances:
- ) Following cataract surgery
- ) To correct extreme visual acuity problems that cannot
be corrected with spectacle lenses
- ) Certain conditions of Anisometropia
- ) Keratoconus